Tuesday, December 23, 2014

What makes you feel alive?

No I  am not talking about breathing or eating. I'm referring to something in life that when you do, makes you feel like..... you are a human, you are made of flesh and blood, and you are..... alive.
For me, I feel most alive when I'm feeding my emotional hunger.

I don't know about most people, but when I
- when i watch a sad/touching  movie, I grieve and cry
- when I spent time with my loved ones, I feel content
- when I interact with animals and feel them, I feel warmth
- when I see other living creatures suffer, I feel pain.

All these emotions makes me feel alive.
It always gives me a temporary break from my usually numbed senses (you know what I'm talking if you are working in a large multi national coorperate).

People closed to me always say that I'm negative. But no. I'm always seeking those feeling from watching sad/touching movies, or listening to touchy songs because I want to trigger those senses which reminds me that I'm still flesh and blood, I still have a soul, and most importantly, I'm still alive.

And for others, I can't tell you to do the same thing. Everyone has different things that they need to feed themselves so that they feel alive. For me it's mostly the emotional triggers. You will have to find it out for yourself what is it that really makes you feel alive.

And once you have found it, never ever trade anything else in exchange for it. Protect it with thick moat, make sure that any other parts of your life style never penetrate that moat. Every now and then, revisit those activities so that it reminds us that, despite the fact that we are drawn and drown into all the insensitive and numb daily activities of the corporate world, that we still have a soul, that we are still flesh and blood, and we are still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Bypass Kerberos(kinit) Authentication

Whenever you try to setuid and impersonate as someone else to run something, it is very likely that you will run into kerberos/kinit issues....